The Rice University Faculty Club at the Cohen House is available and may be rented for special evening functions Monday through Saturday. Wedding receptions, birthday parties, retirement receptions, bar/bat mitzvahs and other special events are often held for 50 to 300. Only one event is hosted per day, so each event has the full attentionof the dedicated Cohen House events team.
- Weekday Evenings -$1,500.
- Friday Evening – $2,500.
- Saturday – $4,000.
Each event is also subject to a food and beverage minimum.
-Rental times include four hours for vendor setup (three hours on Friday), four hours for event time and one hour for vendor breakdown.
-Holiday rates and holiday weekends are subject to additional fees and charges.
AMENITIES INCLUDED IN RENTAL OF COHEN HOUSE
- Usage of the entire first floor: Living Room, Indoor Terrace, Main Dining and Garden.
- 60″ Round Tables (seats 8-10).
- Chiavari Chairs.
- 48” Round Tables.
- 8’ x 40” Tables.
- Votive Candles four (4) on each of guest table and on surfaces throughout the first floor, including Cake Table and Sign-In Table.
- Ivory, Black or White 3/4-length table linens.
- Ivory, Black or White napkins.
- Complimentary Table Numbers and Stands.
- State-of-the-art A/V setup, including screen, projector, wireless microphone and surround sound. (Cannot be used by DJ or band).
- Certified event coordination team to assist in planning and event execution.
SECURING THE DATE
- The Club will hold a date for one week. A $5,000.00 deposit is due upon signing the contract and is not refundable. A second deposit, for an estimated 100 percent of the total bill, is due seven days prior to the event. Please note prices are subject to change.
- Dedicated parking attendants will begin opening parking gates 30 minutes prior to event time. A fee of $8.00 per car will be added to the final bill.
- If guest parking is not included, please inform guests to bring a credit card and to park in the Founders’ Court Visitor Lot.